How to Get Free Miles and Travel the World
Sounds awesome and glamorous, right?! Well it is, but you got to put in some work for it and some time and patience. If you are ready to do whatever it takes to see the world so you can experience other cultures, immerse yourself in nature, and be awed by the wonders of the world…read on!
If you are responsible, have good credit and a bit of money saved, you can get miles and points for “free” flights and hotel rooms and travel like kings and queens on the cheap! It takes a little work but it’s worth it!
So, how do you do this?
You search for credit cards that offer the most amount of miles and points for signing up and you apply for one! If you qualify, many cards will require you spend a certain amount before you get the points.
1) Apply for a credit card that offers the most amount of miles/points for signing up or spending a certain amount. You can also apply for hotel credit cards that give you free rooms after you spend a certain amount and some free hotel stays every year. Check out the constantly updated master list of current awesome miles/points credit card deals on FlyerTalk.com.
2) Put ALL your purchases on that credit card. (House payments, car payments, groceries, gas, etc.) This will ensure you get to the required spending amount quickly.
3) Find out ways you can get to that spending amount without going broke by cycling the money you saved for this purpose.
- Buy gift cards with your credit cards (where possible). You can use them at a later time for things you need.
- Buy things you can sell to get your money back to pay off the card.
4) Redeem points into your account.
5b) (optional) Contact us and let’s be flyin free travel buddies! 🙂
Disclaimer: Again, you MUST be responsible with credit cards or this could backfire. The point is not to buy things you can’t pay off every month. We never leave a balance on a card or pay any interest if we can help it.
Just please don’t go into debt doing this- that would totally defeat the purpose!
You can also cancel the cards after you get the points if they have a yearly fee that you could be nailed with- unless the perks are worth the yearly fee then you can suck it up pay it. Sometimes the free hotel rooms or other perks are worth the yearly fee.
Also, our credit score hasn’t been negatively affected because we don’t have any debt on the cards.
The upside is we’ve accumulated over a million miles to travel for free (not including the airport fees) and use complimentary hotel room stays! Most of the time, all we pay for is our food, tours, transportation and other things we may choose to buy while traveling.
So that’s how we do it!
Have questions? Comment below or send us a message.
Have tips of your own? Would love to hear them!
Peace. Love. Travel.
Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. ~Wayne Dyer
Pingback: How to Book a Flight Online + Amazing Deal on a Delta Airlines Card - Compassionate Nomads